Matt Kay of cartime approached to K2L as he needed a marketing agency that would help them in their goals of becoming the North West’s leading used car dealership. There were a number of challenges to overcome:
- Provide client with an effective lead generation tool
- Raise the profile of cartime both in Bury and nationally
- Reach 1,000 Facebook followers and 500 Twitter followers
- Increase search rankings and SE reach for keywords relating to used car dealerships
- Improve the website’s search functionality
- Distance cartime from the out-dated reputation of the used car industry
- Improve awareness of cartime’s finance packages
+ The Challenge
We needed to create a strong brand identity for cartime that would not only convey the company’s ethos and values, but put to rest the tired, typical stereotype of used-car dealerships. We also needed to increase online car sales in a recovering economic climate.
Furthermore, we knew we would have to provide online customers with a great user experience, with various functionalities that would allow users to search for cars in a simple and hassle-free way. Through extensive research, we really needed to find out what cartime’s customers required, to be able to provide them with ‘a new way to buy a used car’.
+ Our Strategy
After conducting our research, and covering every possible avenue, we were able to get an idea of the needs of cartime’s customers. We built them a site that not only offered new usability functions, improving the user experience, but also offered a way for cartime to capture data about the people visiting the site – this enabled cartime to generate, and ultimately act upon, more leads.
Meet cartime Tim.
We created some approachable, memorable branding for cartime in the form of the company’s new animated sidekick, cartime Tim. It meant the site was not only easy to use; it was enjoyable too, and more engaging to users. Since the launch of the site we have focused on cartime’s on and offline marketing, creating an entire suite of point-of-sale and out-of-home livery and also running creative social media and PR campaigns. You’ll be sure to spot cartime Tim’s smiling face in and around Bury, as he beams down on cartime’s now very happy customers!
- Revenue increase by 50%
- Annual turnover increased by 33%
- 25% increase in monthly car sales over 6-month period
- Lead generation improved by 6400%
- 1700% increase in customers from outside a 5 mile radius
- Regular local press coverage in Bury Times, Lancashire Living
- National press coverage in AM Magazine and Motor Trade Magazine
- Web traffic increased by 159%
- Database of contacts increased 400%