In order to raise awareness of Salford Community Leisure’s exciting new offering, we needed to create a host of branded marketing materials that would then be rolled out across the city. Our initial campaign objectives were to:
- Raise awareness of Salford Community Leisure
- Convey the key message ‘Get fit and have fun in the pool’
- Encourage the people of Salford to enquire about the classes
- Create marketing materials that would complement existing brands
+ The Challenge
The brief from Salford Community Leisure was clear; the campaign needed to complement the Trust’s existing marketing materials, plus the other brands that they often work with. In order to provide a level of continuity for customers and ensure that the campaign could be integrated seamlessly, we decided to utilise similar design elements (fonts, colours, graphic treatments) to those already out there and across all work created.
+ Our Strategy
We art-directed a photoshoot, roping in a number of centre staff and Salford Community Leisure customers to help us along. We knew that by using real faces, the look and feel of the overall campaign would be more honest and relatable, communicating with the audience in a more powerful way.
To support this, our copywriting team set about developing an engaging tone of voice that conveyed the features and benefits of the new classes, but also fun, welcoming nature of Salford Community Leisure. The language used was direct yet light-hearted, translating well across both online and offline channels – we knew this was a priority as the campaign would need to accommodate a range of collateral, from outdoor banners to leaflets, posters and PR.
- Increased overall class participation by 35%
- On average, classes were 92% full
- 35% average month on month increase in enquiries