Having extended its product offering from herbal teas to a huge range of health and weight-loss products, Bootea wanted to boost its credibility as a true fitness brand. Our previous work in this sector had caught their eye, and Bootea’s brief expressed the need for fun, fresh, relevant content that was both compelling and highly shareable across the appropriate social media channels. We began by setting out our intial marketing objectives, which included:
- Research Bootea’s target audience to determine appropriate topics
- Develop a unique but fitting tone of voice for the Bootea brand, including language examples
- Develop a content marketing mission statement so to unify all content produced, ensuring it fulfills this purpose
- Strategically plan and build content strategy in line with calendar events, seasons and planned product launches
- Ensure all content meets and exceeds the needs of Bootea’s target audience
- Ensure content strategy was fresh, fun and shareable and included a variation of the types of content, i.e. blogs, infographics, downloadables
+ The Challenge
With the health and fitness sector being one of the more competitive, particularly in terms of online content marketing, we knew we needed a way to make Bootea’s brand boom. All content created would have to truly fulfil a purpose, in order to make it useful, interesting and shareworthy to such a demanding, already well-catered-for audience.
We also needed a content strategy that was flexible enough to accommodate work ad hoc, as Bootea’s audience is a very-much engaged, online community. Content would have to easily reciprocate to any popular trending topics, celebrity news and any current affairs that this particular crowd would be excited about.
+ Our Strategy
Before any language development started, our creative and content teams collaborated – to first understand the Bootea brand as best we could. Language examples were created and tossed around, in a similar process to the development of brand guidelines. With the influence of the Bootea brief, plus support from our extensive audience research, we decided what felt like a right fit, and what didn’t.
Once a fun, youthful and witty tone had been developed, we applied that writing style to a fully fleshed-out content strategy. Ideas, topics and subject matter varied; from weight-loss and diet tips, to body confidence, mindfulness and so much more.
In this industry, it can sometimes be a struggle to remain impartial – it would be unethical to offer an audience any unsupported medical/fitness advice – so the key with a brand like Bootea is to always make this clear. Fortunately, our extensive experience writing in the fitness industry meant that we were well-versed in created balanced, unbiased but still useful, content that would assist the audience in making their own informed decisions towards a healthier lifestyle.